HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: APC’s ICYMI will not publish the week of December 24th. Publication will resume the first week of January.
* College enrollments in the U.S. decline for a sixth straight year, although at a slower rate, while the bachelor’s degree got more popular. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://snip.ly/e4uzg
* Governor Cuomo veto’s ETA legislation. APC’s Donna Gurnett defends the legislation and the sector. Inside Higher Ed writes: http://snip.ly/0ywxb
* Higher education bill could heat up competition for adult students (adults over the age of 24). The Wall Street Journal reports: http://snip.ly/zxe3w
* The number of faculty members choosing open educational resources over traditional textbooks has nearly doubled in the last year. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://snip.ly/4ebk1
* Residents in poor parts of New York City tend to have less student debt but more trouble paying it off, providing a window into how national trends play out at the local level. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://snip.ly/b9ai5
* How the GOP tax bill could affect higher education. Education Dive writes: http://snip.ly/kes98
* Education Dive takes a look at what the rollback of net neutrality will mean for innovation in higher ed: http://snip.ly/5io5u
* Upstate’s future is in higher ed. The Albany Times Union reports: http://snip.ly/gz0ft
* Center for American Progress profiles those who default on their student loans: http://snip.ly/n2z7q
* Jamestown Business College announces President’s and Dean’s Lists for Fall 2017 semester. The Observer Today reports: http://snip.ly/u228x
Save the Date!
APC’s winter membership meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 23rd at the Albany Renaissance Hotel. Please contact Donna Gurnett @ firstname.lastname@example.org for details.