* New York’s proprietary colleges concerned about Cuomo proposal. Politico New York interviews APC’s, Donna Gurnett: http://politico.pro/2kLKwTG (subscriber only content)
* Money woes extend beyond tuition. A new survey of community college students reveals financial insecurity, including rising housing, food, transportation and childcare costs can keep them from completing. Inside Higher Ed writes: http://bit.ly/2lLcoGV
* For-profit colleges, an Obama target, see a new day under Trump. The New York Times reports: http://nyti.ms/2kLRAQc
* Colleges can help students move up. Let’s make it easier. The Chronicle of Higher Education writes: http://bit.ly/2lv2mXX
* Breakaway Senate Dems push for student debt relief in New York State budget. NY Daily News reports: http://nydn.us/2md9uaG
* N.Y.U. paves way for students to graduate faster. The New York Times reports: http://nyti.ms/2lk1VS2
* Taking articulation agreements between community colleges and four-year institutions to the next level with a focus on pre- and post-transfer success. University Business reports: http://bit.ly/2l42yMP
* The myth that online education courses cost less to produce and therefore save students money on tuition doesn’t hold up to scrutiny, a survey of distance education providers found. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2llLWRH
* The Chronicle of Higher Education examines how much power Betsy DeVos really has to shake up higher ed: http://bit.ly/2l88x38
* The Five Towns College Chamber Singers directed by Professor Stephen Pagano will join the Gemini Youth Orchestra’s Spring Gala Concert at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Centeron Sat., March 25 @ 1:30 p.m. The performance theme is one of “Brotherhood.” http://bit.ly/2l8Kf9r
* Private New York college leaders (including Berkeley College) push back against Gov. Cuomo’s free tuition plan. Westfair Online reports: http://bit.ly/2lpph8F
* The College of Westchester congratulates the 2017 CWCF scholarship recipients.
* APC’s Legislative Advocacy Day will be held on February 27 and 28 in Albany. Please contact Donna Gurnett @ email@example.com for more information.
*In case you missed it (ICYMI) is a weekly e-newsletter designed to bring you the big higher education news you might have missed. Look for it every Wednesday!*