* Governor Andrew Cuomo’s new college scholarship proposal is more sweeping than Mario Cuomo’s was, but it may provide some lessons for Andrew Cuomo and legislators as they debate and negotiate during this month’s budget talks. Politico New York writes: http://politi.co/2n5rBAA
* Delay in Gainful Employment deadlines. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2n325Mw
* University of Phoenix president to step down. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2n31JFn
* Trump administration delays enforcement of Obama-era rules on for-profit colleges. The Wall Street Journal reports: http://on.wsj.com/2miWIdM
* Free SUNY tuition would increase college access, reduce debt. The Democrat and Chronicle reports: http://on.rocne.ws/2mfWRgj
* The Dream Center Foundation, a charitable organization, will acquire the Education Management Corporation and convert its remaining campuses from for-profit status to nonprofit. The Chronicle of Higher Education reports: http://bit.ly/2nbokz4
* Study on first-year students finds that those who felt a connection with the university during orientation were more likely to stay enrolled. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2mgb50G
* eCampus News reports on five innovative strategies to support non-traditional students: http://bit.ly/2mKEwru
* Monroe College’s Culinary Institute of New York to host ninth annual “America’s Best High School Chef” competition this weekend. IT Business Net reports: http://bit.ly/2mlK2To
Save the Date!
APC Innovation Summit will be held Tuesday, June 13 – Thursday, June 15 at the Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY. For more information, please contact Donna Gurnett @ email@example.com .