- Tuition-free college is gradually becoming a reality. CNN Money reports: http://snip.ly/w3qsg
- A bipartisan group of senators seek to end ban on collecting data in the hopes of helping students and the public judge colleges. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://snip.ly/upazn
- The President of Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island writes in The Hechinger Report: Purdue University, by acquiring schools and college from Kaplan University, is expanding access to higher education, despite opposition. http://snip.ly/gtzgm
- A new federally funded grant makes college more affordable for low-income students. Refinery 29 reports: http://snip.ly/0fm80
- Despite deeper tuition discounts from private college, the schools aren’t seeing the growth in enrollment they anticipated. The Wall Street Journal reports: http://snip.ly/33phk
- Tuition discounting from private college and universities continues to rise. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://snip.ly/dz5zk
- Tennessee launches Tennessee Promise, a program that covers tuition at the state’s community colleges; this could serve as an example to New York State and others. NY Times reports: http://snip.ly/srq0m
- Complicated student loans repayment process creates confusion. Market Watch reports: http://snip.ly/owihe
- Monroe College will appear on an upcoming episode of CBS’ Undercover Boss. Which celebrity went undercover on campus and why were they there? You’ll have to tune in this Friday, May 19 at 8:00 p.m. to find out!
- Berkeley College business programs accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education: http://snip.ly/e1224
- Monroe College hosts 8th Annual Male Empowerment Event: http://snip.ly/p3niv
- Five Towns College grad wins New York Emmy For Short Film. Hamptons News reports: http://snip.ly/tck8k
Save the Date!
*In case you missed it (ICYMI) is a weekly e-newsletter designed to bring you the big higher education news you might have missed. Look for it every Wednesday!*