* Albert Gray, president and chief executive officer of the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools for seven years, has resigned. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/1NkLWNl
* Too much is being spend on higher education marketing, John Katzman, CEO of Noodle Partners and founder of The Noodle Companies, opines in Insider Higher Ed: http://bit.ly/1Sjte5w
* Move over 401(k)s — this new perk is helping millennials pay off college loans. The Hechinger Report writes: http://bit.ly/1SqjubQ
* Hillary Clinton pledges to outdo the Obama administration in cracking down on for-profits. But will her ties to the industry, including the $16.5 million Bill Clinton earned working for Laureate Education, influence her approach? Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/1pb2YSy
* Postsecondary attainment grows, slowly. Higher Education Today takes a look at new data from the Lumina Foundation: http://bit.ly/1VAMd1J
* APSCU seeks a reprieve on “gainful employment” rule, asks Education Secretary John B. King Jr. to delay implementation. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/1VCQOjm
* Higher education for most students is about employability. Eric Stoller writes in an Inside Higher Ed blog: http://bit.ly/1qCS9cX
* Peekskill High School performing arts students enjoyed their recent visit to Long Island’s Five Towns College. The Peekskill Daily Voice reports: http://bit.ly/1XHK1Tn
* College of Westchester students, David Guerrero and Darnell Dixon, were selected to participate in the i3 Scholar Undergraduate Research Program at the University of Pittsburgh School of Information Sciences. The undergraduate program focuses on research and leadership development for the underrepresented populations across the country to lead to graduate studies and careers in the information sciences. Only 25 students from across the country are selected each year, CW reports: http://www.cw.edu/news
* Fashion companies can do more on the corporate social responsibility front. LIM College professor of marketing, management and finance, Gayathri Banavara, weighs in. WWD reports: http://bit.ly/1T5wCFr
* SVA’s Steven Heller to be awarded at 2016 Carle Honors, SVA reports: http://bit.ly/1VEFFP8
* 2016 Innovation Summit: Mark your calendars and plan to join APC at the 2016 Innovation Summit on June 21st – 23rd at the Otesaga Hotel, Cooperstown, NY.
This year’s program will focus on presenting fresh, innovative ideas in the areas of regulatory affairs, student assessment and engagement, technology and social media. For information on how to register for the event, please visit the APC website.
*In case you missed it (ICYMI) is a weekly e-newsletter designed to bring you the big higher education news you might have missed. Look for it every Wednesday!*