APC’s ICYMI will not publish the week of December 28th.
Publication will resume the week of January 4th.
* The U.S. Department of Education has finalized a rule that clarifies how colleges become authorized to offer online programs to students in other states. But the rule is by all indications is DOA (dead on arrival). Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2hc6ygp
* Not-for-profit, baccalaureate-granting colleges have become considerably more diverse in the past 50 years. The Chronicle of Higher Education reports: http://bit.ly/2hrdjHl
* Federal aid cut to for-profit law school, Charlotte School of Law. Inside Higher Ed reports: http://bit.ly/2hUEuh2
* College enrollment drops 1.4 percent as adults head back to work. The Wall Street Journal writes: http://on.wsj.com/2gSmcsg
* Should colleges be on the hook for some of the loan money their students don’t pay back? Market Watch reports: http://on.mktw.net/2i6sYfa
* Senators push for mass student loan forgiveness before Trump takes office. BuzzFeed News reports: http://bzfd.it/2hc9ARV
* The Chronicle of Higher Education takes a look at how politics tends to shape higher-education regulations: http://bit.ly/2i7YMAj
* Why are so many students failing to find good jobs after college? The Washington Post reports: http://wapo.st/2ieZRWS
* Congress is likely to consider reining in student-loan programs. Rep. Virginia Foxx said the government has made it too easy for students and their parents to borrow too much, in turn driving up prices. The Wall Street Journal reports: http://on.wsj.com/2hP7N5j
* Feds kick off loan counseling experiment on select college campuses. Monroe College is the only for-profit institution selected for the pilot program. The Washington Post reports: http://wapo.st/2iaiuQ0
* LIM College student, Olivia Phenix, showcases her fashion skills in designing and installing a holiday window display for the New York City Garment District Alliance. The Newtown Bee reports: http://bit.ly/2hqWNal
* The Berkeley College Online team sent approximately 100 clay “Hearts of Hope” to the Robert and Audrey Luckow Pavilion, a cancer treatment and support center at Valley Hospital. The Paramus Daily Voice reports: http://bit.ly/2h9Q4E1
* Start 2017 off right by joining us at the APC Winter Membership Meeting on Tuesday, January 10th! Please contact Donna Gurnett @ firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
*In case you missed it (ICYMI) is a weekly e-newsletter designed to bring you the big higher education news you might have missed. Look for it every Wednesday!*